September 20, 2013

Slacker...

Wow, I am quite the slacker.  That's not surprising really if you know me in real life.

So, to play catch up, here's our life since 2008. 

After we bought said land from the post below we put our house up on the market to sell.  If you remember 2008 you'll remember the market was not exactly hot then.  Then, the house sold in a month! And the people wanted to close in like 3 weeks! So we of course agreed (out of fear we would not get another offer).  This led us on a hunt to find a rental house that we could move into in about 2 weeks time.  This was a frustrating journey that led to living in 2 different rental houses while we designed our house (one was a double-wide. Klassy!) that need no further mention than this sentence.  

In December of '09 I found out I was pregnant.  9 months later, and one HORRIBLE, PAINFUL, TERRIBLE, NO-GOOD delivery later (that's a post in itself) we got this guy: 

Awww... our sweet Lincoln Log

 That sweet little boy is now 3 years old and has turned into this:

I just don't know where this emotion comes from....
Well, when Lincoln was about 9 or 10 months old we thought "hey, this one kid is soooo much work and our life has totally flipped upside down and we have no time for each other or anything else in life.  We should have another."  11 months after that conversation we were blessed again...  


Miss Adelyn.  I know you can't see her much in this pic, but it's one of my favorites
Miss A is now 17 months old and is my good eater! She will still eat the veggies I give her, but she also loves cake like her mamma.


And because Cheyenne and I make big life decisions based on one 10 minute conversation, we recently sold the house we built on all that land.  

Our beautiful, brand-new, never-lived-in-before-us house on 5.8 acres of land.  It was everything we ever wanted.  Except it was in the middle of BFE and took at least 30 min to get anywhere.  So after 2 years we sold our brand-new, never-lived-in-before-us house on 5.8 acres of land

Doesn't it look like God lived right above us?

And we moved ourselves to East Nasty, to a 100-yr old, lived-in-by-everyone-and-hasn't-been-cleaned-since-1910 PURPLE Victorian on -5 acres of land.


Beautiful on the outside.  TORE UP on the inside.
So now we (read: Cheyenne) have a big project ahead of us in trying to update this new home.  It is nice being so close to everything now, so that's a huge plus for us.  

I'm hoping to keep this updated better and not have to do 5 year gaps between each post.  

But I am a slacker.... so... we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Dana Smith2:17 PM

    Just added your blog to my favorites! But then again you are my "favorite", albeit one and only daughter-in-law!!!!

    ReplyDelete