April 23, 2014

WHY...?

So it's no secret that I am easily annoyed by things/people/pets/life....  The other day I found myself getting riled up about everything that was happening and then I thought "maybe the problem is me."  I feel like I am pretty self-aware, so maybe all the things I think are SO DUMB actually have valid reasons for being done.

So dear friends, I'm going to ask some questions about things that bother me and maybe YOU can explain to me why people do these things and give me some insight so I can adjust my attitude.  Because I am at a loss...

WHY, at the grocery store, do people wait until the person in front of them is completely checked out before they even attempt to put their groceries on the moving belt? 

Example:
 
and no, that pole is not blocking her way

WHY???  Please dear interwebz explain to me why she is doing this?  She is not the first person to do this either, this happens ALL. OF. THE. TIME.  So much so that now I'm thinking that maybe I am missing some valuable grocery information in not waiting 15 years before unloading my cart.  For years I have been a chump and have begun unloading my groceries as soon as the person in front of me was done.  I thought that was what the little divider stick was for! If that is not what the stick is for, then someone please God tell me: WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE STICK?

Once this lady finally unloaded her groceries she got her credit card out to pay and then SAT HER PURSE DOWN ON THE BELT, BLOCKING THE SENSOR, SO THAT NO GROCERIES COULD PROCEED TO THE FRONT! I almost lost my shit* right there.  WHY would she do this? And WHY, when I asked her if she could please move it so the groceries would move up so I could keep unloading, WHY did her and the cashier look at me like I'M the one who is crazy? 

She finally left and it was my turn.  As the cashier bagged my groceries I also began to wonder why she was bagging them the way that she was.

WHY are there 5 huge jars all together, banging against each other just waiting to break, in one bag making it around 10 lbs of bag to carry?  

hmmm... I wonder what jalapenos and Alfredo taste like when they're mixed in a bag together?
And then my one lonely cereal box gets a whole bag to itself.....?  Why....? What bagging wisdom am I missing here?  Please tell me because I really do not know.

The cereal must be bagged alone!  Protect the cereal!

Another thing I need clarity on is parking. 

WHY do people treat the world as their own personal parking lot?

Example:


This is not an action shot.  This was at daycare and both cars are parked there.  I thought maybe they were waiting for people who were about to walk out.  I went inside and picked up both kids, so I was inside for around 10 minutes.  I came out, put the kids in the car and these two cars were still parked there! People were sitting in them, so they were not unattended, but did these people even notice (or care) that they are blocking people from driving around in the lot?  I had to go that way to leave so I got behind the white car and gave a short honk on the horn.  The guy then pulled over by the curb, where he was still close to the entrance and now out of the way.


WHY DIDN'T HE DO THAT IN THE FIRST PLACE? 


WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?  Please tell me, but I just do not understand.

So please, give me some perspective.  Please explain these things to me because I just do not understand.

Forgive my fiestieness.  Maybe I'm irritated because I completed 13.1 freaking miles in the KY Derby 1/2 Marathon on Saturday and then GAINED WEIGHT! (how does that happen?).  Maybe I'm irritable because my big toenail hurts like a mo-fo from that race and now I'm scared it's going to fall off just in time for sandal season.

Or maybe I'm irritated because when I was putting away all those groceries I painstakingly got the other day, I found out my husband has been hiding food from me! 


Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Pop Tarts! What the crap! And he's using his super powers of "being tall" to hide them on the top shelf that I can only see if I'm on a step ladder.  I see how you want to play this Cheyenne.  I am searching all the high cabinets this week to see what else I can find.  Jerk.  I'm going to start hiding things in the space with the cleaning supplies for the bathroom.  He'll never find my stuff there!

I totally beat my last 1/2 Marathon time of 2:56 with a time of 2:54 on Saturday.  It's only 2 minutes, but better is better.  Obviously Cheyenne killed it and as usual had to wait over an hour at the Finish Line for me to finish the race. 

So people, lay it on me.  What am I missing in these scenarios? Help me not to scream at them like a crazy woman, because I'm almost at that point people.



* sorry to curse on this post.  I try to keep things clean here, but sometimes no other words really capture my true feelings.  "Lose my crap" just does not have the same effect as "Lose my shit."  Well crap... I did it again.  My bad...

5 comments:

  1. Why do people wait until the cashier tells them how much there purchase is BEFORE they get out there money?? Do they think they're going to get it for free?? Then fish around for it and a coupon that they MIGHT have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Linda Alder12:59 PM

    As a previous cashier I can tell you that the people just don't care. First off, the clerk should not have bagged all of the glass jars together. I would have put the cereal box between some of the glass jars to keep them from hitting each other. Some people like heavy bags and others like light bags. -- I had a person in front of me at Kroger this morning that waited to unload their groceries until the person in front of them dug out all of their change and their items were bagged. 'Very Irritating'!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a cashier certainly can be a frustrating job.
    Found you via ...Jack and Sally. I was looking for your FB Fan Page to Like your page. Great to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. New to your blog but I connect with your pissiness so well. Answer to all of the above questions: Most people are assholes.

    That's it. The world revolves around them and the world is not ready for the "pop" of their head being removed from their ass.

    www.mommasgotadudesname.com You will enjoy my WTF Wednesday posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHAHA that is too funny, I seriously want to KILL people at the grocery store. For example, if I load my groceries a certain way on the belt I would love for you to bag them that way GRRRR!!

    Congrats on your run that is amazing!

    ReplyDelete